Summer Cruise 2024
Join us September 11, 2024 to go forward in time to visit CERN in Geneva, Switzterland and LIGO in Pisa, Italy. Then go back in time to the cradle of modern human civilization in Rome and other ancient cities.
LIMIT 12 PEOPLE (6 Staterooms). Sign up before they sell out!
GROUP # A2668461
September 11, 2024 thru September 29, 2024
- Day 1 – Travel Day Home to Geneva Switzerland
- Day 2 – Group Tour Cerne
- Day 3 – Free day in Geneva – Group tour of city or individually
- Day 4 – Rail travel to Rome
- Day 5 – Board ship Norwegian Epic
- Day 6 – At Sea – Lectures, free time
- Day 7 – Santorini, Greece – shore time from 2pm to 10pm
- Day 8 – Athens/Piraeus, Greece – shore time from 7am to 6pm
- Day 9 – Mykonos, Greece – shore time from 7am to 2pm (this is a “tender port”)
- Day 10 – Corfu, Greece – shore time from 12 pm to 7 pm
- Day 11 – Vallette, Malta – shore time from 1:30pm to 10pm
- Day 12 – Messina, Sicily – shore time from 8am to 6pm
- Day 13 – Naples, Italy – shore time from 6:30 am to 4:15pm
- Day 14 – Florence/Pisa, Italy – shore time from 9am to 8:30 pm
- Day 14 – Rome cruise ends. The usual time of debarkation is 9:00am.
- Day 15 – Pompei
- Day 16- Rome City Tour
- Day 17- Rail from Rome to Pisa to tour Ligos.
- Day 18 – Home
Day tours at each port can be selected from ship itineraries, individually or group if so desired
Airfare to and from Europe – At traveler’s expense.
Our contact at Norwegian Cruise lines is Dani Pyk. Her phone # is 954-233-6266 and the listener MUST USE the Group # A2668461. It’s under my name.
Airfare directly to and from Rome can be booked with the cruise line but the price will change.
Stateroom – $5601.20 Double occupancy ($2800.85.00 per person) ocean view with a balcony. If so desired, inside rooms are available. The cost is $3704.00.
A $250.00 deposit for either size of room is required at the time of booking. Balance is due on May 19, 2024.
Rail Travel – Geneva to Rome – $410.00 per person – 12-hour travel time – train leaves 1:40 pm and arrives in Rome at 9:45 pm. We will be able to get less expensive prices as time gets closer.
Hotels in Geneva and Rome are a separate price, and both the hotel and tours can be arranged by X-Squared Radio or arranged by traveler if so desired. Depending on number of travelers, we can possibly arrange group discounts. Average price is $175.00 per night.
We are happy to take an extra day in Rome and travel by rail to Pisa for the LIGO tour. This will give travelers an opportunity to sightsee in Florence when the ship docks at port.
Tours in the Geneva and Rome areas can be arranged by the X-Squared Radio team if desired.